We have different gifts based on the grace that was given to us. So if your gift is prophecy, use your gift in proportion to your faith. If your gift is serving, devote yourself to serving others. If it is teaching, devote yourself to teaching others. If it is encouraging, devote yourself to encouraging others. If it is sharing, share generously. If it is leading, lead enthusiastically. If it is helping, help cheerfully.Rom 12:6-8
The text literally says:
- if prophecy, according to the proportion of the faith;
- if ministry, in the ministry;
- if teaching, in the teaching;
- if encouraging, in the encouragement
- the one giving, in generosity
- the one taking the lead, in diligence
- the one showing mercy, in cheerfulness.
Do you see the pattern here and the difference in the pattern? What is the significance of it? And what is the meaning in the pattern “if ministry (or the gift) in the “gift”?
Well here is another of those times where I leave you to think about it overnight before we look at it in more detail in the next Gem.
Then following that we will take the time to look in detail at the gifts themselves.
Nothing in the world can take the place of PERSISTENCE. The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.Ray Kroc